Using a trusted manufacturer is one of the best ways to remove the burden of staffing, let you focus on selling, and stabilize your cash flow. This allows you to focus on selling rather than filling orders, and we all know selling is where you make money — time spent after that eats away at your profits.
What to Look for in a Ductwork Supplier & Why
A Track Record of Retaining Experienced Fabricators
The best ductwork suppliers will be able to provide you with all of the components your system needs. A good vendor will have the skills to make it all, from straights and fittings to custom hoods and fan transitions. Look for a fabricator with the experience to:
- Manufacture to the specs of an existing drawing
- Design a custom component for your application
- Modify a standard part to fit a unique application
A ductwork supplier with experienced designers and fabricators means that you'll be able to get everything you need from a single source, saving you the hassle of establishing multiple vendor relationships and juggling multiple shipments.
A Breadth of Capabilities
Sometimes you have a unique problem or application — and after hours of Googling, you still can't find a solution that checks all of the boxes. A good ductwork supplier will have a breadth of capabilities, including:
- Application knowledge: The first question your vendor should ask is, "What's the application?" A capable partner will talk with you about your project's needs and advise you on the right ductwork type, gauge, and material needed.
- Design: Your vendor should understand that one size does not fit all. The ability to design a complete system based on building measurements, pick-up points, placement of machines throughout the facility, and air volume requirements is critical to a project's success.
- Fabrication of custom components: Along with unique solution products, custom components help your installation go smoothly. Maybe your ductwork needs to navigate around a post, or there's limited space at the exhaust point — a custom component can solve for that.
A good ductwork supplier will have the capabilities to recognize the application and need, design a solution, and fabricate the piece, ensuring that you'll get the best solution for your project.
Our Take on the State of the Industrial Ductwork Fabrication Industry
Download our report on the state of the industrial duct and metal fabrication workforce for more stats, graphs, and insights into the problem we're all facing. Inside, we also offer up the smartest solution there is to combat the effects of the declining labor pool.
More Than Just a Friendly Smile
Customer service isn't just about being polite over the phone or responding to emails promptly (although those are good places to start). A good ductwork supplier will want to form a long-term relationship with you, and they'll have the expertise to consult on what you need and why you need it. Customer service is about building trust and supporting partners, even if that means the supplier may make less money from you.
- Have you ever requested a list of components and received what you asked for, even if it wasn't right for the job?
- What about overpaying for a one-off part that really wasn't needed?
- How often has the "recommended solution" been the most expensive one?
Finding a ductwork supplier willing to educate you on ductwork will give you confidence that they're doing right by you and what's best for your project.
A Guarantee They'll Stand Behind
The best ductwork suppliers are so confident in their employees and processes that they'll guarantee that your products will be on time and 100% correct. You'll rarely find a company willing to back their work, but your ductwork supplier should understand the role ductwork plays in your business and work towards getting you everything you need to keep your projects running smoothly.
A guarantee ensures that you'll get the ductwork you need, in the size and dimensions you need, at the time you need. And if you don't, you'll get it corrected within 24 hours and a credit towards your next order, just to make up for the mistake.
Ductwork Suppliers Making Ductwork Easy
A good ductwork supplier will become an extension of your team, providing you with experienced fabricators, knowledgeable reps, and a commitment to your success. Above all, a ductwork supplier will free up your time and energy to do what's most important to your business — selling.
Ready to get back to selling? Talk to us about your ductwork needs.